This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on August 1, 2013.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Sage Against the Machine: Using AVMs Wisely and Productively
Date:August 1, 2013
What do AVMs look like in 2013? What can they do for you today to make your appraisals better?
This webinar will focus on the evolution of AVMs, their current usage, the technology of testing and validation, and recent changes. Appraisers will leave the webinar with an understanding of how AVMs can be part of the services that they offer to their clients.
Presenters will discuss:
- Valuation modeling techniques in era of more data and sophisticated analytics
- How AVM technology relates to interactive valuation models (IVMs)
- The testing and validation of models for accuracy and reliability
- The nuanced process of interpreting model performance
- Regulatory aspects of AVMs, including supervisory guidance on model risk management from the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council (FFIEC)
Mark R. Linne, MAI, SRA, CRE, CAE, CDEI, FRICS, CEO and Chief Analytics Officer, ValueScape Analytics LLC
John Cirincione, SRA, CRE, FRICS, Chief Appraiser – SVP, Collateral Analytics (CA)
Lee Kennedy, Founder/Managing Director, AVMetrics, LLC