This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on May 26, 2010.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Residential Green Valuation: Tools for Valuing High Performance Properties
Date: May 26, 2010
Duration: 2 Hours
The proposed Green Resources for Energy Efficient Neighborhoods (GREEN) Act legislation will mandate that appraisers have all relevant information about residential property – including plans and specs, green energy labels and certifications and Home Energy Rater Score (HERS) ratings. Be prepared and learn the nuts and bolts by listening to this timely new webinar recording!
- Learn the fundamental principles behind today’s high-performance homes and how they deliver added value improvements.
- Explore the tools appraisers now have to accurately report value for homes identified as high-performance.
- Learn about the latest advances in energy efficiency, building science, and indoor air quality and how this has transformed the new and existing home industry.
- Discuss ways to describe and measure the value of home performance improvements in appraisal assignments.
- Review the usage of labels such as ENERGY STAR, other green labels and HERS scores in appraisal reports.
Sam Rashkin, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency National Director of ENERGY STAR for New Homes
Sandra Adomatis, SRA, owner of Adomatis Appraisal Service, Port Charlotte, FL and local expert on appraising homes with energy efficient features