Bender Rosenthal, Inc. (BRI)
2825 Watt Avenue, Ste 200
Sacramento, CA 95821
The BRI offices are on the second floor. Enter through the black metal gate. You may have to be “let in” if it is locked, ring the doorbell and go up the stairs (or go immediately left for the elevator). Once in the building, and on the second floor you will see the sign for the classroom. We will have event signage posted to assist.
- Parking is FREE and plentiful!
Hotels that are located close to BRI include:
- Doubletree Hotel by Hilton – 2001 Point West Way, Sacramento
- Courtyard by Marriot by Cal Expo – 1782 Tribute Road, Sacramento
- TownePlace Suites Sacramento Cal Expo - 1784 Tribute Rd, Sacramento, CA
- Fairfield Inn by Marriot - 1780 Tribute Rd, Sacramento
- Hilton Sacramento – 2200 Harvard Street, Sacramento
- Residence Inn by Marriot - 1530 Howe Ave, Sacramento
Note: For safety and comfort, exercise caution about selecting any hotels that are on Watt Avenue or along Auburn Boulevard.
Program Hours, Materials and Exam
Onsite check-in will begin at 8:00am on Monday, August 28. "Live / in-person" Instruction will run from 8:30am – 4:30pm (Pacific Time) daily - August 28 through Friday, September 1. The 3-hour exam will be administered at 1:30pm on Friday, September 1.
Upon registration, all students will have access to the downloadable course materials. If you would like hardcopy (printed) materials sent to you in advance, both a print and shipping fees apply. [Note: Print and shipping fees are calculated at the time of online check-out.]
After you register for this class, please go to your Education and Events page for details on what you must complete before class begins. To access your Education and Events page, log on to the Appraisal Institute website at https://ai.appraisalinstitute.org/eweb (click on the three horizontal lines to the left of the AI logo and select “My AI Account" from the drop down menu).
Tips on Downloading the Course Handbook
Students are strongly encouraged to have pre-printed (rather than electronic) materials easily accessible to enhance their learning experience
- Log in to My Account (https://www.appraisalinstitute.org/)
- Select Education & Events (right sidebar)
- See list of all offerings, scroll to Review Theory - General and select View
- You will now see a box that contains downloadable program materials
- Click link(s) to download:
- - Course Handbook (431 pp.)
- - Suggested Solutions (172 pp.)
- - Pre-Class Downloads (3 MB)
- - Pre-Class Memo (1 p.)
Need Assistance? If you have any questions or difficulty in accessing the electronic course materials required for this offering, please contact the Appraisal Institute's Education Delivery Department directly at 312-335-4207 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, if you paid for printed materials to be pre-shipped, and you are not in receipt of them within 4 weeks of the offering date, contact AI's Education Delivery Department directly at 312-335-4207 for immediate assistance.
There are no additional required texts for this offering.
A laptop computer is required. Word processing software must be installed and operational. This course includes writing exercises. Note: Electrical outlets are limited; students will need to bring their own extension cords / power strips.
A financial calculator is also required. The accepted model used in the program is the HP-12C. AI education programs that require a financial calculator are developed with HP-12C keystrokes; using this model is highly recommended.
- You must be familiar with calculator operation when the program begins. Do not enroll expecting to be taught how to use a financial calculator.
- Free Review: Using a Financial Calculator: Formulas, Symbols, Math Review, and Sample Problems; and Financial Calculator Practice Exercises.
- For additional help with the HP-12C calculator, take our online seminar Using Your HP-12C Financial Calculator.
- HP-12C calculator User’s Manual.
No. 2 pencils are required for the final exam.
Education Credit Hours and Attendance Verifications
Those who check in late, leave early or are not in attendance during non-scheduled breaks may jeopardize receipt of credit.
Appraisal Institute: Full attendance (100%) and successful completion of the course exam enables Designated Members and Practicing Affiliates to receive 375 AI CEC points; 275 points for attendance only. Successful completion of the exam is REQUIRED for those applying to meet the review designation requirements.
BREA Continuing: Review Theory - General has been approved by the BREA (#13CP754601061) for 30-hours of CEC. Licensed/certified appraisers seeking BREA CEC must meet the 100% attendance requirement. Successful completion of the exam is not required for BREA CEC.
BREA Basic/Qualifying: Review Theory - General is not approved for BREA qualifying education (QE) credit.
More Details about this Specific Offering and/or the General Review Designation
- Review Theory—General is required for individuals pursuing the Appraisal Institute General Review Designation (AI-GRS – Appraisal Institute – General Review Specialist). For more information regarding the requirements for the review designation, please click here.
- If you are currently designated, view for more information on the alternative path.
If you are seeking credit for this offering from a state outside of California, check with your state licensing board(s) to make sure an out-of-state offering will be accepted before registering. It is best to speak directly with a representative from your board rather than relying on information posted to the web. Note: Some states outside of California may have additional reporting requirements that the chapter is not able to comply with.
Registrants should be sure their appraiser license/certification numbers are entered in the AI registration (MyAccount) system or a certificate will not be generated. License numbers are listed under Profile in your AI Student Portal (MyAccount) or can be added as “Other” License. Incomplete or expired information results in the inability to download certificates from your AI MyAccount portal.
NEW! Attendance Verification Process Effective 10/01/19
Verified attendance certificates will be available for downloading within 15 working days of the offering
- Logging into My Account www.appraisalinstitute.org
- Select EDUCATION
- Click on the specific offering that you are seeking the certificate for; it will show REGISTERED
- Scroll to the very bottom of the screen to (1) COMPLETE EVALUATION FORM and (2) RETRIEVE CERTIFICATE
Note: Effective 10/01/19 students will be able to access their attendance certificates 24/7 through the Appraisal Institute's netFORUM association management program. The Northern California Chapter does not have direct access to certificates for programs held after this time. Any issues in retrieving certificates should be brought directly to the attention of the Appraisal Institute's Education Delivery Department at 312/335-4207 or email@example.com.
All confirmed registrants will receive a payment receipt plus a separate confirmation by email. Be sure that you can accept emails from each of the following email addresses:
Any last minute updates to this offering will most likely be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If you do not receive emails on a regular basis from the Northern California Chapter (email@example.com), be sure to visit our homepage and sign-up to receive our emails. Registrants will not want important details like location changes or material downloads defaulting to spam / junk or be classified as undeliverable. Those who work for financial institutions or government agencies my need to enlist the assistance of their IT Department to insure email delivery.
Questions? Contact Us
Northern California Chapter
925/932-7753 l 916/972-9700