Location: Zoom Virtual Classroom, GA
- Atlanta Area Chapter
- Ms. Suzanne S. Brockway
- Virtual Classroom
Zoom Virtual Classroom, GA 00000
- Watson, Stacy / Sheehan, Anne / Waters, Luke / Kang, Charlotte / Stern, Ellen / Doughtie, Sim / Cuthbert, Lee / Miller, Jeff
- This class will be held via Live Zoom Virtual Classroom. Students are required to have the following technology and equipment to participate in the program: reliable internet connection, computer (or tablet), web camera, audio, and microphone, Zoom application on computer or tablet. Go to zoom.us for new user tutorials and articles.
About the Seminar
State of Atlanta: The New Normal?
This seminar will include presentations of significant interest within the current commercial real estate markets, property tax appeals, and local film industry. Attendees will learn from experts in various industries and specialties, who will share their knowledge and perceptions on relevant real estate and economic topics.
At the conclusion of this seminar, participants will learn various perspectives on the following current and future real estate market conditions:
- Ports of Savannah and Brunswick
- Property Tax Appeals
- Retail Market
- Hotel Market
- Office Market
- Industrial Market
- Local Film Industry and Impact on the Economy and Real Estate
If a student wishes to cancel enrollment, a cancellation notice must be submitted in writing via email stating the reason for the cancellation and his/her AI account # to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- $25 cancel fee
- Less than 2 days prior to the program start date, no refund will be provided
If you are registering after 2:00 p.m. on Wed. 10/14, email Suzanne Brockway email@example.com for the “Join Zoom Meeting” link and password, so that you may gain access to the virtual classroom.
Virtual Classroom Participation Requirements & Guidelines:
- Students must have a reliable internet connection, computer (or tablet), web camera, audio (speaker and microphone) capability to participate and receive continuing education credit.
- Your webcam must be on at all times with you in front of it. Check your webcam privacy settings and allow the Zoom software to access it. If you have a Lenovo laptop, some participants have noticed that they need to install the Lenovo Vantage App on their computers for the webcam to operate.
- A paid Zoom account is not required to participate; however, you need to sign up for the free basic Zoom account/ application (zoom.us) and install the app prior to the seminar start date.
- The Zoom platform will be interactive and live. The instructor must be able to see and interact with all students and students must be able see and interact with the instructor.
- Students must be in a location that allows for their full attention and interaction.
- A copy of your driver's license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification of your identity after you have registered for the seminar and prior to the start date.
- You will receive a separate email from Suzanne Brockway, 24 hours before class, with Zoom login information.
- Contact the chapter office if you have any questions regarding the participation guidelines, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 15, 2020
- Zoom Check In – 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Live Presentations – 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern)
To receive credit, 100% attendance is required for all Appraisal Institute education programs.
- attendance will be monitored throughout the day, via webcam and chat roll call
- students are required to be visible on the virtual platform during the entirety of the seminar
- instructor may direct questions to each student in the morning and afternoon
Important: Please have your photo ID ready at the start of class. To expedite check-in, we will view all attendees’ IDs at the same time and take a screenshot. We recommend covering all information on your ID except your full name and photo. (Try tape, a sticky note, or your finger to cover.)
CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVAL (Virtual Classroom)
This seminar is approved for 20 AI CE Points. The Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board has approved 4 hours of CE credit. 100% attendance is required for credit and will be verified throughout the day. Note, it is the student's responsibility to verify their state(s)' approval of this live stream virtual method of delivery.
Important: Please note that not all states have approved Virtual education; therefore, registrants MUST CHECK their individual states for approval BEFORE registering for the Program. Before registering for the Program, registrants understand and agree that continuing education credit for this program MAY NOT be available in their state on the date of the Program. The Appraisal Institute is not responsible if credit is not available for the Program in individual states. Please note: State exceptions for virtual education may expire PRIOR to the offering date.
Education Scholarship Donations
Due to our inability to meet in person, we are unable to
hold a fundraising event at State of Atlanta conference this year, for our
local scholarship fund. Therefore, our Chapter Leadership and the
Scholarship Committee ask you to please consider making a donation to the Atlanta
Area Chapter scholarship fund to help replenish funds available for
scholarships for candidates and practicing affiliates, who are working their
way to designation. A donation of $10 is recommended, but any amount would be
appreciated. Thank you for your support. Click HERE
for the donation form.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. If the program is filled, e-mail email@example.com to be placed on a waiting list. If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify the sponsor at least two weeks in advance for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.
This Educational Program was developed and organized by the Appraisal Institute Chapter offering the Program with the intent of addressing topic(s) of current local interest solely for educational and informational purposes. The Appraisal Institute national organization was not involved in developing or organizing the Program.
The content of this Program, including but not limited to any written materials and presenter comments, does not represent the viewpoint of the Appraisal Institute (defined as including but not limited to, the national organization, its Regions, Chapters, members, candidates, affiliates and staff) unless formally adopted by the national Board of Directors. Further, the Appraisal Institute has not peer-reviewed or approved the content of the Program and does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the content of the Program. The content of the Program is subject to court decisions and local, state and federal laws and regulations and any such revisions of such laws and regulations.
This Program is presented with the understanding that the Appraisal Institute is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or services. Nothing in the Program is to be construed as the offering of such advice or services. If expert advice or services are required, attendees and readers are responsible for obtaining such advice or services from appropriate professionals.
Please note that 100% attendance is required in order to receive any approved state credit or to be awarded AI CE points. It is imperative that you check with your state board for state approval information before completing registration.
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify the sponsor at least two weeks in advance for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.
The Appraisal Institute reserves the rights to cancel, limit, or reschedule the program and to change instructor assignments and facility locations at any time.