Location: Zoom Virtual Classroom, GA
- Atlanta Area Chapter
- Ms. Suzanne S. Brockway
- Virtual Classroom
Zoom Virtual Classroom, GA 00000
- Kenny, Rick / Kang, Charlotte Hiew / Anderson, Joseph / Higgins, Raymond / Winter, Sandra / Brady, Michael / Wise, Henry / Trammell, Adam
- This class will be held via Live Zoom Virtual Classroom. Students are required to have the following technology and equipment to participate in the program: reliable internet connection, computer (or tablet), web camera, audio, and microphone, Zoom application on computer or tablet. Go to zoom.us for new user tutorials and articles.
AI Price: $50.00
Full Price: $60.00
discussion seminar will help the general practitioner-appraiser discover fields
of valuation specialization that will bring additional professional
satisfaction and economic reward; it will alert him or her to challenges of
entry and preparation they may not have known about. It will help the efficient
functioning of local real estate markets to meet the real estate needs.
learning objectives of this program are to help practicing appraisers who are
already familiar with basic rudiments of valuation generally,
Discover special assignments in particular
Assess the needs of that appraisal market for
Uncover data sources, peculiarities and
valuation management techniques.
Identify intangible business assets within the
whole going concern of a property
Identify the unique valuation needs of market
participants (lenders, developers, leasing agents)
Recognize valuation challenges and unusual
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT & TECHNOLOGY:
- basic free Zoom Application software (https://zoom.us/pricing)
- reliable internet connection
- computer, iPad, or tablet
- web camera (built into laptop computer or external attachment)
- audio with speaker and microphone capability (built into your computer, headphone, or earbuds)
- While cell phones may be used as a secondary device, they are NOT recommended in place of a computer.
New to ZOOM?
If you are new to ZOOM or need a little refresher, please take their FREE tutorial https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
Virtual Classroom-Live/Interactive Participation Requirements:
- Students must have a reliable internet connection, computer (or tablet), web camera, audio (speaker and microphone) capability to participate and receive continuing education credit.
- Your webcam must be on at all times with you in front of it. Check your webcam privacy settings and allow the Zoom software to access it. If you have a Lenovo laptop, some participants have noticed that they need to install the Lenovo Vantage App on their computers for the webcam to operate.
- Attire - full proper clothing is required throughout the entire program.
- A paid Zoom account is not required to participate; however, you should sign up for the free basic Zoom account/ application (zoom.us) and install the app prior to the seminar start date, for better connectivity.
- The Zoom platform will be interactive and live. The instructor must be able to see and interact with all students and students must be able see and interact with the instructor.
- Students must be in a location that allows for their full attention and interaction. Think of it as if you are in the actual in person classroom.
- A copy of your driver's license must be emailed to the Chapter office as verification of your identity immediately after you have registered for the seminar and prior to the start date.
- Students will receive a separate email from Suzanne Brockway, 24 hours before class, with Zoom login information.
- Contact the chapter office if you have any questions regarding the participation guidelines, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a student wishes to cancel enrollment, a cancellation notice must be submitted in writing via email stating the reason for the cancellation and his/her AI account # to email@example.com.
Enrollment Cancellation Fees:
- Up to 15 days prior to the program start date, $5 cancel fee
- 2-14 days prior to the program start date, $10 cancel fee
- Less than 2 days prior to the program start date, no refund will be provided
Schedule (Eastern Standard Time)
Thursday, January 28, 2021
- 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Zoom Check In
- 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. GA Real Estate Specialties Panel Seminar
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:20 a.m. Break
- 10:20 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. GA Real Estate Specialties Panel Seminar (Continued)
- To receive AI and State credit, 100% attendance is required for all Appraisal Institute education programs.
- Attendance will be monitored throughout the day, via webcam and chat roll call.
- Students are required to be visible on the virtual platform during the entirety of the seminar.
- The instructor may direct questions to each student in the morning and afternoon.
Important: Please have your photo ID ready at the start of class. To expedite check-in, we will view all attendees’ IDs at the same time and take a screenshot. We recommend covering all information on your ID except your full name and photo. (Try tape, a sticky note, or your finger to cover.)
CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVAL:
The Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Boards has approved 4 hours continuing education credit. 100% attendance is required for credit and will be verified throughout the day. Note, it is the student's responsibility to verify their state(s)' approval of this live stream virtual seminar offering.
Important: Please note that not all states have approved Virtual education; therefore, registrants MUST CHECK their individual states for approval BEFORE registering for the Program. Before registering for the Program, registrants understand and agree that continuing education credit for this program MAY NOT be available in their state on the date of the Program. The Appraisal Institute is not responsible if credit is not available for the Program in individual states. Please note: State exceptions for virtual education may expire PRIOR to the offering date.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. If the program is filled, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list. If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify the Atlanta Area Chapter office at least two weeks in advance. We will arrange for reasonable accommodation.
This Educational Program was developed and organized by the Appraisal Institute Chapter offering the Program with the intent of addressing topic(s) of current local interest solely for educational and informational purposes. The Appraisal Institute national organization was not involved in developing or organizing the Program.
The content of this Program, including but not limited to any written materials and presenter comments, does not represent the viewpoint of the Appraisal Institute (defined as including but not limited to, the national organization, its Regions, Chapters, members, candidates, affiliates and staff) unless formally adopted by the national Board of Directors. Further, the Appraisal Institute has not peer-reviewed or approved the content of the Program and does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the content of the Program. The content of the Program is subject to court decisions and local, state and federal laws and regulations and any such revisions of such laws and regulations.
This Program is presented with the understanding that the Appraisal Institute is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice or services. Nothing in the Program is to be construed as the offering of such advice or services. If expert advice or services are required, attendees and readers are responsible for obtaining such advice or services from appropriate professionals.
Please note that 100% attendance is required in order to receive any approved state credit or to be awarded AI CE points. It is imperative that you check with your state board for state approval information before completing registration.
If you have a disability and require accommodation, please notify the sponsor at least two weeks in advance for reasonable accommodations to be arranged.
The Appraisal Institute reserves the rights to cancel, limit, or reschedule the program and to change instructor assignments and facility locations at any time.