This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on April 21, 2010.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Mortgage Fraud and Real Estate Valuation
Date: April 21, 2010
Duration: 96 min
Learn about the mortgage fraud epidemic and its impact on the appraisal profession!
By listening to this webinar recording, you will:
- Obtain an overview of real estate fraud today, past and emerging fraud trends, where it’s occurring and major schemes being detected.
- Learn how appraisal reports containing omissions, oversights and misleading information are considered evidence of fraud.
- Hear from law enforcement officials about the most common valuation scams, the financial scope of fraud and the impact of fraud on communities.
- Gain an update on successful civil lawsuits and criminal actions involving valuation fraud.
- Spot what appraisers do (and don’t do) which can result in money judgments and prison sentences.
Charles H. Cole Jr., HUD/OIG Appraiser, MS
Kevin J. Whalen, U.S. Department of Treasury
Jack Peterson, U.S. Secret Service
Ann Fulmer, VP Business Relations, Interthinx, GA
Kathy J. Coon, SRA, FNC Inc., TX
Rachel Dollar, Smith Dollar PC, CA