This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on February 27, 2015.
Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
General Market Analysis
Date: February 27, 2015
Duration: 2 hours
The importance of accurate and supportable market analysis cannot be overemphasized in the current "up and down" real estate market.
The General Market Analysis webinar shines the spotlight on a key aspect of valuation. If you appraise commercial properties you won't want to miss this webinar!
Topics to be discussed:
- Analyzing market data thoroughly to achieve accurate results
- Refresher of the six-step process and four tests of highest and best use
- Understanding how defining the use is integral to the appraisal assignment
- Ratings and rankings
- Use and sources of demographic data
- Analysis versus descriptions
- Supply and demand analysis
- Quantifying demand and its effects
- Highest and best use conclusions
- Use, users and the critical element of timing
Robert Dunham, MAI, SRA Southeast Market Analysts & Valupoint