This product is a recording of the Appraisal Institute webinar that was conducted on October 16, 2013. Once the Appraisal Institute confirms your payment, you will receive an e-mail containing a link to the webinar recording.
Please note: The interactive features of the webinar (e.g. poll/survey questions and the final evaluation) are NOT available in the recording. Appraisal Institute continuing education credit is NOT available for viewing the recording.
Carving Out Your Legal Niche: Do’s and Don’ts of Litigation Support
Date: October 16, 2013
Duration: 2 hours
This webinar features a panel of practicing lawyers who regularly work with appraisal professionals. Orell Anderson, MAI will moderate a discussion with these experts on current issues related to real estate valuation in the legal community and how appraisers can successfully market their services to lawyers.
Presenters will discuss:
- Strategies to grow your lawyer client base for litigation assignments.
- Identifying the types of valuation work for which lawyers need appraisal expertise in today's market.
- How to successfully compete in appraisal "contests" - learn the inside warfare of the bidding process to gain more business.
- How appraisers can get the inside track on bankruptcy and other insolvency-related engagements.
- Targeting key issues appraisers must know in assignments used for legal purposes.
Orell Anderson MAI, Principal, Bell Anderson & Sanders LLC
William F. Capps, J.D., Corporate Department, Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
Curtis A. Graham, J.D., Partner, Freeman Freeman & Smiley
Robert J. Miller, J.D., Partner, Bryan Cave LLP